Tuesday 26 October 2010

Mummy can i go to the toilet?

Lincoln amazed me today. Since when did society demand that we all grow up in the fastest possible time?

Linc is 15 months. And wanting to potty train. Eh? but no hang on, my mum (aka Dot) told me that he would probably be about 2 and a half before needing/wanting to be potty trained.

But not this forward thinking baby. He used to tell us when he had "gone". Today, he gestured and held his nappy as if to say, I'm gonna go in a minute and don't leave me in it a minute longer than I need to be!

So DH took Lincoln upstairs to change his nappy as we both thought he would have gone already. Instead, he gestured towards the bathroom and the toilet! Clever baby. If anyone asks you, Mummy taught you.

DH sat him on the toilet, L thought it was far too cold for all that malarkey and got stage fright. But then we found an "attempt" on the way back to the changing table!

Here mummy goes looking for a potty for my genius 15 month old baby who knows what he should do already.

But he is still a baby.

And mummy is so proud of you!

3 comments:

  1. Awww how cute! They grow up too fast. My little monkey did a similar thing went to the toilet stood there like daddy and weed... all over the floor as he's too short but I was so proud! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, lovely blog. My son did very similar at abotu 18 months after seeing older children use the potty at the child minders. Unfortunatley, it was short lived, it seemed that stopping for a wee got boring very quickly. However, at 2 and a half he was very ready for potty training and I think the early rehersal helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son was a fast potty trainer and I am happy to say he has had no accidents at night. They do grow up so fast though. My son is four and I cant believe that he is so tall and independent. I love all the new things he does but at the same time I miss him as a little baby sleeping in my arms : )

    ReplyDelete