Saturday 3 July 2010

The Birthday Boy

At 9.48am this morning, Lincoln was exactly 1 year old. It's crazy how so much has happened over the past year and yet it feels like only yesterday I held him for the first time. This time last year, he was being dressed in Newborn size clothes, and this morning I dressed him in a T shirt I had made on Ebay in a size 18 months. Incase you're wondering, it says "I am 1 Today" on the front and "Lincoln" on the back.

As most nutty parents do, we put balloons and banners everywhere and it seriously looked like Christmas this morning when we brought Lincoln downstairs! There were so many presents... and at first he only wanted the £5 black and white football (football mad) but didn't want to kick it... oh no... he wanted daddy (Allen) to hold him whilst daddy did lots of tricks and flips with the ball. What this baby needs is a jester. :-) Anyway, after the ball came the giant Police Car. I think we have found his new pushchair because he refused to leave this car and wanted to be pushed around the house all the live long day in it.

So as Lincoln napped, we got the house ready for his mini Party at 4pm. Only family came, so we had a little Toy Story cake and a special VERY Chocolatey Cup Cake just for Lincoln to devour. He ate the whole thing. That's mummy's boy! But BEFORE the cake he actually ate.... about 5 cocktail sausages, half a boiled egg, corned beef and pickle sandwiches, ham and coleslaw sandwiches and prawn cracker crisps! He. Loved. It.

Allen and I took Lincoln up to bath, book and bed at 6pm and he was SO ready for it. I noticed tonight whilst reading to him that he looks at me on the same places and on the same pages. We do Baby Signing too, so as I am reading "Sleepy Baby" I read the last page that says "It's time to say night night sleepy baby.... sleep tight" and do the sleep/bed/tired sign. Lincoln copied me. but not in a way that he was telling me HE was tired, he was telling me that he understood what the book said. Clever Lincoln. And when I read "All About My Day" and get to the "when I was a baby I love to eat.. this is me having a yummy snack" part, I always do the food/eat sign. He finds it hilarious. Funny Lincoln :-)

So.... here I am writing this first blog entry and am shattered. I am trying to upload all the photos to facebook at the same time which is taking bloody AGES! We're off to Surrey next weekend for Lincoln's girlfriend's birthday. She is DEFINITELY his girlfriend. No one else will ever be good enough ;-) Anyway, Lilly is 1 on the 13th of July (they were born 10 days apart... awwwww). Next Blog entry will probably be after the visit to Surrey and the "Alice in Wonderland" themed party! (YAY!!)

Lots of Love and Jelly Tots
Mary
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment