Sunday 25 July 2010

Progress!

I really should have blogged about little Lilly's 1st Birthday which was totally out of this world organised, colourful, character filled and unbelievably HOT!.... Lincoln (who is not great in a car unless it is his nap time) coped really well considering we woke him at 4am Saturday and spent the next 5 hours traveling to Surrey, and did exactly the same thing the next morning to come home to Wales. 10 hours in a car for a baby who is wriggly and on the go all the time = not good. But actually he did brilliantly... especially when we took a pit stop at a service station and bought him the biggest cuddly toy dog ever. We REALLY weren't leaving without it once he saw it. And I sacrificed a box of Krispy Kremes to get it (only had a tenner on me and yes the dog was a flippin' tenner!). But, that was way too long ago now and my short term memory is rubbish lately... well actually ever since I became pregnant with Lincoln! I think the Baby brain stayed with me.

So..... Lincoln was sat up in the cot at 6am the other morning when we walked in to get him. It looked really strange because he is 1 and yes he can walk really well with fingers and for a while by himself before we save him from yet another fall :-/ but he STILL refuses to crawl properly (he commando crawls), or even really truly pull himself up properly. He CAN do it that's the annoying thing, he is SO like his daddy and just wants it either black or white... either I sit up, or i don't. I aint doin' this trying malarky. (lol) So the sitting up waiting in his cot action he did is SUCH progress that we took a picture. I know. So I am really hopeful when I go in every morning that I will be greeted with the same efforts from Lincoln... but alas. I know it will come and people tell me that I will regret it when he can actually get from A to B totally without my help, but it's GOT to be better than the current "bad back" situation of holding my finger everywhere. Majorly cute when I look down and he is actually gripped so tightly around my finger that he fears what will happen if he were to let go... hmmm... well he let go today. It wasn't his best idea. He let go and tried running at the same time. A disaster. What do you think will happen when a baby with very grippy Clarks shoes lets go and rushes away? Face. Flat. On. The. Floor. Major boo boo. Oh and EVERYBODY knows about it when it happens. If he was with me when it happened, he runs to Daddy and points at Mummy, and if he was with Daddy when it happened, he wants Mummy and Points at Daddy with evil looks. How did this 1 year old become so bloody clever? I honestly think he has an experienced brain. He listens to something once. ONCE. And doesn't forget it. EVER! I think we really should be careful what vocabulary we use now around him. He baby signs a lot of things but also says a lot of words. Not FULL words, but part of them etc. He amazes me. Baby's brains are just sponges and I am glad that from day 1 we have explained EVERYTHING and taught him as we go. We are DEFINITELY seeing the rewards now as he knows probably more than some people i know he he!

My lovely husband has just reminded me about my cuppa and chocolate so that's all for now.

Lots of Love & Jelly Tots.
Mary
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment